Film actor Aamir Khan laid a wreath and paid rich tribute to the statue of ‘mountain man’ Dasrath Manjhi at his Gehlaur village in Muhra block of Gaya, in Bihar.
Manjhi was a poor landless labourer, who created a road 360 feet long and 30 feet wide single-handedly with 22 years of labour from 1960 to 1982 to give his village easy access.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“This man is a life story of love and known world over for his commitment toward his wife,” said the Bollywood actor, who will start season two of his popular TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ on March 2 with Manjhi’s tale.
“I salute his courage and determination,” he told reporters.
“Making a road through difficult terrain after cutting rocks for nearly two decades reflects his determination, love and commitment toward his wife,” the actor said.
Manjhi, who died seven years ago, gave villagers easier access to Atri block with hospital facilities.
Aamir Khan, 48, who has given hits like ‘3 Idiots’, ‘Tare Zameen Par’ and ‘Lagaan’, met Manjhi’s family and promised that his team would visit them in the next three days to offer assistance.