Film actor Aamir Khan laid a wreath and paid rich tribute to the statue of ‘mountain man’ Dasrath Manjhi at his Gehlaur village in Muhra block of Gaya, in Bihar.
Manjhi was a poor landless labourer, who created a road 360 feet long and 30 feet wide single-handedly with 22 years of labour from 1960 to 1982 to give his village easy access.
“This man is a life story of love and known world over for his commitment toward his wife,” said the Bollywood actor, who will start season two of his popular TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ on March 2 with Manjhi’s tale.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I salute his courage and determination,” he told reporters.
“Making a road through difficult terrain after cutting rocks for nearly two decades reflects his determination, love and commitment toward his wife,” the actor said.
Manjhi, who died seven years ago, gave villagers easier access to Atri block with hospital facilities.
Aamir Khan, 48, who has given hits like ‘3 Idiots’, ‘Tare Zameen Par’ and ‘Lagaan’, met Manjhi’s family and promised that his team would visit them in the next three days to offer assistance.