Bollywood star Aamir Khan, who has been championining the cause of social issues, today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi here to discuss the problems which he highlights in his TV programme ‘Satyamev Jayate’.
The 49-year-old actor and director later said the Prime Minister assured him that he would look into the issues raised by him.
“Just came out of my meeting with Honorable Prime Minister of India Shree Narendra Modiji. Was very kind of him to spare his valuable time. Shared with him the overwhelming support that we got from people across the country through ‘Vote for Change’ campaign on SMJ (Satyamev Jayate) on the various issues that we tackled
in our show. He has assured me that he will look into all the matters,” Aamir said in a series of tweets later.
The Prime Minister’s office tweeted a picture of the two meeting amicably in Modi’s office in the South Block.
The ‘Vote for Change’ episode, which was aired in the run up to the last Lok Sabha elections, focused on criminalisation of politics in India while urging the voters to cast their votes to make a difference.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The Prime Minister’s Office described the meeting in Modi’s office in South Block as a “courtesy call”.