Aamir Khan said here today that he doesn’t support any political party and would not align with any of them at an event related to his TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’.
“I want to be away from politics. I want to align with issues that are important. I support a thought and not a party. I want to support an issue irrespective of any political party. I would not wish to align with any party,” Aamir told PTI.
Aamir claimed that he cried during the show, while talking about a touching incident of forgiveness.
“I felt I cried too much on the show. I am an emotional person. I cry when I hear heartbreaking stories. There are times when I cried and the channel people cut that part as 15 minutes of crying is too much, since there are other important issues to talk about,” he said.
Aamir said that he visited Gaya in Bihar yesterday to announce the second season of the ‘Satyamev Jayate’ TV show, from the very spot where one Dashrath Manjhi broke a mountain and made a road for villagers.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“This is an inspiration to all the people who wish to do something. I salute his courage and determination,” Aamir said.
The second season of the show has a new feature where people may vote for their opinions on any issue which they wish to follow.
“We have introduced a vote for change campaign where people can vote and give their opinion on any issue. We plan to give these (poll) details to the government,” he said.
It has also been decided to air the second season of the show in three slots, so that people could absorb the issue, he said.
Incidentally, Aamir is also one among the many people who sang the title track of ‘Satyamev Jayate 2’