Aamir Khan said here today that he doesn’t support any political party and would not align with any of them at an event related to his TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’.
“I want to be away from politics. I want to align with issues that are important. I support a thought and not a party. I want to support an issue irrespective of any political party. I would not wish to align with any party,” Aamir told PTI.
Aamir claimed that he cried during the show, while talking about a touching incident of forgiveness.
“I felt I cried too much on the show. I am an emotional person. I cry when I hear heartbreaking stories. There are times when I cried and the channel people cut that part as 15 minutes of crying is too much, since there are other important issues to talk about,” he said.
Aamir said that he visited Gaya in Bihar yesterday to announce the second season of the ‘Satyamev Jayate’ TV show, from the very spot where one Dashrath Manjhi broke a mountain and made a road for villagers.
“This is an inspiration to all the people who wish to do something. I salute his courage and determination,” Aamir said.
The second season of the show has a new feature where people may vote for their opinions on any issue which they wish to follow.
“We have introduced a vote for change campaign where people can vote and give their opinion on any issue. We plan to give these (poll) details to the government,” he said.
It has also been decided to air the second season of the show in three slots, so that people could absorb the issue, he said.
Incidentally, Aamir is also one among the many people who sang the title track of ‘Satyamev Jayate 2’
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched