He may be one of the highest earning stars in the country but superstar Aamir Khan says he gives his son Azad Rao an Eidi of only Rs 2.
Aamir interacted with the media today on the occasion of Eid at his mother’s residence.
When asked about what special plans he has today with wife Kiran Rao and their son, Aamir told reporters, “Kiran and Azad are not here, they have gone to Europe because school holidays are going on of Azad. I couldn’t go because of work.”
The 51-year-old actor, who is currently shooting for “Dangal”, quipped that he does not give any expensive Eidi to his young son.
“No special Eidi for him. I give him only Rs 2. Zyada bigaad na nahi hai (I don’t want to spoil him).”
The “PK” star said he prefers to spend time with his family on Eid.
- Aamir Khan: I don’t charge a fee, but have a share in profits
- Aamir Khan: Amitabh Bachchan injured back and shoulder but better now
- Aamir Khan on Secret Superstar success in China: Indian stories touch their hearts
- I used to get Rs 11 as Eidi: Shah Rukh Khan
- Terrorists have no religion: Aamir Khan
- Salman Khan invites Aamir Khan to watch ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ on Eid
“On Eid, I meet my family and spend time with them. When I was a kid, I was interested in eidi more than Eid. But now I have to give Eidi.”
On being quizzed whether the other two Khans – Shah Rukh and Salman – share biryani on Eid, Aamir said, “Yes, sometimes we do exchange biryani, but not necessarily only when it is Eid.”