Superstar Aamir Khan, who has left many intrigued and many ridiculing him over his nude look in the poster of his upcoming film ‘PK’, says it’s not for publicity. Calling it ‘key art’, he says it depicts the story of the film.
The poster of Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘PK’ features Aamir Khan posing nude with a strategically placed boombox hiding his modesty. While some appreciated the dare bare act, some even criticised it and even called it a “publicity stunt”.
Talking about it, Aamir Khan said: “When you (audience) will watch the film then only you will be able to understand the idea behind (the poster). But I would just like to say that the kind of filmmaker, the kind of writer Rajkumar is, he always tries to present the things, his thinking, in a unique way and that’s why I am his huge fan.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Aamir spoke on the sidelines of a screening of Marathi film “Saturday Sunday” here Wednesday.
Citing the example of the poster of one of his past production and directorial debut, “Taare Zameen Par”, he said: “In the poster of ‘Taare Zameen Par’, the child (actor Darsheel Safary) is sitting in the front on the school bench and I am sitting behind him. So it is a kind of key art…the image that tells you much about the story and so is the poster of ‘PK’.”
“This is not for publicity, not for us atleast. Infact, this poster embibes all the elements of the film.”
Meanwhile, a case was also filed in a court in Kanpur recently against Aamir, director Rajkumar Hirani and producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra. They were accused of promoting nudity and vulgarity through “PK” poster.
However, the actor is hopeful that everything will get clear once people watch the film when it releases in December.
“We are getting a mixed response from the people. But I feel that when they will watch the film, their doubts will get cleared,” the 49-year-old said.
“PK” also features actor Sanjay Dutt, Anushka Sharma and Sushant Singh Rajput.