Superstar Aamir Khan, who has left many intrigued and many ridiculing him over his nude look in the poster of his upcoming film ‘PK’, says it’s not for publicity. Calling it ‘key art’, he says it depicts the story of the film.
The poster of Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘PK’ features Aamir Khan posing nude with a strategically placed boombox hiding his modesty. While some appreciated the dare bare act, some even criticised it and even called it a “publicity stunt”.
Talking about it, Aamir Khan said: “When you (audience) will watch the film then only you will be able to understand the idea behind (the poster). But I would just like to say that the kind of filmmaker, the kind of writer Rajkumar is, he always tries to present the things, his thinking, in a unique way and that’s why I am his huge fan.”
Aamir spoke on the sidelines of a screening of Marathi film “Saturday Sunday” here Wednesday.
Citing the example of the poster of one of his past production and directorial debut, “Taare Zameen Par”, he said: “In the poster of ‘Taare Zameen Par’, the child (actor Darsheel Safary) is sitting in the front on the school bench and I am sitting behind him. So it is a kind of key art…the image that tells you much about the story and so is the poster of ‘PK’.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“This is not for publicity, not for us atleast. Infact, this poster embibes all the elements of the film.”
Meanwhile, a case was also filed in a court in Kanpur recently against Aamir, director Rajkumar Hirani and producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra. They were accused of promoting nudity and vulgarity through “PK” poster.
However, the actor is hopeful that everything will get clear once people watch the film when it releases in December.
“We are getting a mixed response from the people. But I feel that when they will watch the film, their doubts will get cleared,” the 49-year-old said.