Really proud of Aamir’s Dangal, says wife Kiran Rao

Aamir Khan's wife Kiran Rao said: "I am very excited and I am really very proud. Right now the movie is on editing table, we are keeping our fingers crossed now."

By: IANS | Mumbai | Updated: March 17, 2016 9:36 am
Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao, Aamir Kiran, Aamir Khan Kiran Rao, Dangal, Dangal Aamir Khan “I am very excited and I am really very proud. Right now the movie is on editing table, we are keeping our fingers crossed now. It is indeed a very emotional story. It is a story about a father and his daughters,” said Rao about “Dangal” at the screening of “Kapoor & Sons” where Aamir was also present.

Aamir Khan’s wife and ‘Dhobi Ghat’ director Kiran Rao says that she is really proud of her production ‘Dangal’  starring her husband in the lead role of a wrestler.

Kiran, Aamir and Disney production house’s Siddharth Roy Kapur, have been credited as the producers of the film. The film is an Indian biographical sports drama film directed by “Chillar Party” and “Bhootnath Returns” fame Nitesh Tiwari.

The film sees Aamir portraying the role of Mahavir Singh Phogat, who taught wrestling to his daughters Babita Kumari and Geeta Phogat. Geeta was India’s first female wrestler to win at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, where she clinched the gold medal (55 kg) while Babita won the silver (51 kg).

Aamir plays both the younger and older characters of Phogat in the film, and he had put on weight upto 95 kilos to play the older part and is currently in the process of bringing it down to around 70 kilos.

“Dangal” is scheduled to release on December 23.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Agastya
    Mar 17, 2016 at 8:08 am
    I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu.. I love you Mammu..
    (0)(0)
      A.Gnanasekaran
      Mar 17, 2016 at 8:34 am
      Both are you disgrace to India and are your proud about your husband abandoned his grown up children still producing with you. shame on you both. by the way when are you leaving India. the sooner the better. People will teach a lesson for both of you soon for sure.
      (0)(0)
      1. Prakash Gotimukul
        Mar 17, 2016 at 9:38 am
        If you are proud, so be it. After all you are married to him, third hand. But if you support his ic statements and his feelings for his motherland, then both of you can get lost to Panama or Timbuktu and enjoy the movie. Boycott DANGAL in india
        (0)(0)
          prasad
          Mar 17, 2016 at 8:30 am
          Amir has lost his pority due to his twistef personality .It will of course affect the business of any film coming to him.
          (0)(0)
          1. kj kj
            Mar 17, 2016 at 5:38 am
            are you proud to be indian
            (0)(0)