Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha have bagged the “worst” actor Golden Kela award for ‘Himmatwala’ and ‘R…Rajkumar’ respectively in the sixth edition of the annual event which celebrates the worst in Hindi Cinema.
This is the second win for both the actors in the same category – Sonakshi and Devgn had won the awards last year for ‘Dabangg’, ‘Rowdy Rathore’and ‘Son of Sardaar’, ‘Bol Bachchan’ respectively.
Worst Director award was won by Sanjay Leela Bhansali for ‘Ram Leela’.
Filmmaker Sajid Khan’s ‘Himmatwala’, the remake of 1983’s hit action-drama of the same name, that tanked at the box office was named the worst film. The reboot also bagged RGV Ki Aag Award for Most Pointless Remake/Sequel.
“‘Himmatwala’, What would be more pointless than remaking a 30 year-old remake,” Anant Singh, Creative Head, Golden Kela Awards, who was also hosting the show said about the movie.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The worst supporting actress award went on to Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandes and Amisha Patel for ‘Race 2’, while Aditya Roy Kapoor won the worst supporting actor title for ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’.
Aamir Khan scored the Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award for his superhit film ‘Dhoom 3’.
“Aamir Khan once said that he loves the Kela Awards, because all other awards are rigged. Wonder what he has to say about us now,” Anant said.
After honouring the worst in cinema, the awards also priased four of the movies from last year which were appreciated for their performance.
Tigmanshu Dhulia’s ‘Saheb Biwi aur Gangster Returns’ won the Anti Kela after being voted the best sequel by the voters.
Other recipients of the Anti-Kela award were ‘Go Goa Gone’, ‘The Lunchbox’ and biopic ‘Shahid’.
Abhishek Sharma, who had himself won the Anti-Kela award for ‘Tere Bin Laden’ in 2012 collected the award on behalf of other recipients.
“So my timing is off. I was supposed to be here three-four years ago and here I am now. I am also working on a project and I hope I to get a Kela award. With the rate with its going I am eyeing the Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award,” he said.
The song ‘Party All Night’ from ‘Boss’, which proved to be quite popular with listeners, was named the Most Irritating Song, while Sameer won the Most Atrocious Lyrics award for ‘Raghupati Raghav’ from ‘Krrish 3’.
Tennis ace Leander Paes, who made his Bollywood debut with ‘Rajdhani Express’ was named the Worst Debutante.
Actor Shahid Kapoor was given Why Are You Still Trying Award for ‘R…Rajkumar’, while Uday Chopra got the Aap Yahaan Aaye Kisliye Award.
Bollywood diva Priyanka Chopra scored ‘The Aakhir Kyun Award’ for her hit music video ‘Exotic’, which features American rapper Pitbull.
The Dara Singh Award for the Worst Accent was given to Deepika Padukone for ‘Chennai Express’.
‘Ra.One’ Award for Worst Premise was shared by ‘Dhoom 3’ and Rakesh Roshan’s ‘Krrish 3’. While Rajshri Award for Most Regressive Film of the Year was won by Anand L Rai’s ‘Raanjhanaa’.
Vivek Oberoi, who played the character of super villain Kaal in ‘Krrish 3’ bagged the This is Too Much Award. Sunny Deol scored Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award with his performance in ‘Singh Sahab the Great’.
Winners of the 6th Annual Golden Kela Awards Are:
Worst Actor (Male) – Ajay Devgn for Himmatwala
Worst Actor (Female) – Sonakshi Sinha for R…Rajkumar
Worst Supporting Actor (Male) – Aditya Roy Kapoor for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
Worst Supporting Actor (Female) – Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandes and Amisha Patel for Race 2
Worst Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Goliyon Ki Raas Leela…Ram Leela
Worst Film – Himmatwala
Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award – Aamir Khan for Dhoom 3
Most Irritating Song – Party All Night from Boss
Most Atrocious Lyrics – Sameer for Raghupati Raghav from Krrish 3 (This one is subject to change)
RGV Ki Aag Award for the Most Pointless Remake/Sequel – Himmatwala
Why Are You Still Trying Award – Shahid Kapoor for R…Rajkumar
Worst Debut – Leander Paes
Aakhir Kyun Award – Priyanka Chopra for the music video Exotic
Dara Singh Award for the Worst Accent – Deepika Padukone for Chennai Express
Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award – Sunny Deol
Aap Yahaan Aaye Kisliye Award – Uday Chopra
Ra.One Award for Worst Premise – Dhoom 3, Krrish 3
Rajshri Award for Most Regressive Film of the Year – Ranjhanaa
This is Too Much Award – Vivek Oberoi