- Happy birthday Rajkumar Hirani: The master of delivering social messages with fun films before it became a formula
- Director Kalpana Lajmi rushed to ICU, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan provide financial help for cancer treatment
- Aamir Khan reveals that his meetings with 3 Idiots and Ghajini team used to happen in the bathroom
Superstar Aamir Khan, who suffered a muscle spasm in one of his shoulders while shooting an action scene for “Dangal”, has been advised by doctors complete bed rest for at least eight days.
Aamir suffered the injury on November 14 night while shooting a wrestling scene. He is now returning to Mumbai to take a break from filming the movie directed by Nitesh Tiwari.
“Following the injury, Aamir took 24 hours of rest in Ludhiana as he could hardly move. Now, he has been asked to take complete rest for eight days after which doctors will decide the next course of action,” Aamir’s spokesperson told IANS.
The unit of the film, which also stars Sakshi Tanwar, Fatima Sana Shaikh and Rajkumar Rao, is on a break until Aamir is able to resume work.
- Aamir Khan: Secret Superstar is a step in the right direction towards gender equality
- Aamir Khan gifts Virat Kohli Dangal's clapboard, son Azad gets an autographed bat from the cricketer in return. See photos
- Aamir Khan and Virat Kohli are teaming up to make our Diwali extra special. Here are all the deets
- Aamir Khan tweets about his injury on 'Dangal' sets, says not such a major injury
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' won't be shot in Punjab to avoid location clash with Aamir Khan's 'Dangal'
- Aamir Khan gets muscle spasm during 'Dangal' film shoot
Since it was Diwali time, his wife and filmmaker Kiran Rao and son Azad were with him in Ludhiana, when the injury struck.
“Dangal” is said to be based on the life of wrestler Mahavir Phogat.
It is yet another of the superstar’s films to release on Christmas weekend — a time when he also scored hits with “Taare Zameen Par”, “3 Idiots”, “Dhoom: 3” and “PK”.