Superstar Aamir Khan, known for shunning award shows, received a packet of sweets instead of a trophy at the Star Parivaar award show for his debut TV venture ‘Satyamev Jayate’. (See Pics here: Aamir Khan at Star Parivaar Awards)
The 49-year-old actor was honoured for his contribution to society through his TV show, which deals with social problems like rape, injustice to women, corruption and education issues.
“I am happy to be accepting this honour. But I don’t think you should be giving me sweets because post ‘Dhoom 3’ I have put on a lot of weight. I think the success of the film has been too much for me,” joked Aamir, who was accompanied by wife Kiran Rao for the ceremony last night.
Reflecting on his 25-year-old career, Aamir Khan said he has been very lucky to get opportunities to work with great directors.
“I think the credit goes to the great stories written and the directors who got me on board. One of my favourite films is ‘Andaa Apna Apna,” said Aamir.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The actor broke into an impromptu jig onstage and shook his leg to the beats of his superhit song ‘Aye kya bolti tu’ from 1998 film ‘Ghulam’.