- Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif rehearse with Prabhudeva for Thugs of Hindostan dance number
- Happy birthday Farhan Akhtar: How he made the most definitive film on friendships with Dil Chahta Hai
- Karan Johar on the success of the Khans in Bollywood: Getting success is not that difficult but maintaining it is tough
The much-awaited Aamir Khan starrer ‘Dangal’ has finally set sail and thereby, the Bollywood superstar took to Twitter to share the first look poster of the movie.
The poster shows Aamir Khan’s face emerging from a hard rocky surface with fire of determinations in his eyes, quite eerily reminding us of the recently released Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer ‘Manjhi: The Mountain Man’.
Aamir Khan had set foot in Ludhiana, Punjab two weeks ago and since then, he has been prepping up for his role of a wrestler.
— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) September 21, 2015
‘Dangal’ has Aamir Khan playing the role of wrestler Mahavir Phogat. TV actress Sakshi Tanwar will be seen playing his wife. The film also stars a few newbies like Fatima Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra playing his daughters, while Zaira Wasim and Suhani Bhatnagar will play the younger versions of the daughters.
As the preparations for the location, local carpenters, masons and labourers were deployed by art and set designing team of the movie in villages of Guujarwal, Narangwal, Kila Raipur, Dango and Leel where the shooting is scheduled. Also almost 65 local Punjabi artists, who will be playing various roles in the film were shortlisted.
- Dangal ranked number 1 in China by IMDb
- The Khans are all set to rock our 2018 movie calendar with Zero, Race 3 and Thugs of Hindostan
- Shah Rukh Khan on Rakesh Sharma biopic: Not signing anything before I complete Aanand L Rai's film
- Secret Superstar director Advait Chandan reveals why he didn't want Zaira Wasim to do Dangal with Aamir Khan
- Fatima Sana Shaikh gears up to become a warrior in Thugs of Hindostan. See photos
- Aamir Khan's Dangal becomes highest grossing Bollywood film in Hong Kong
Speaking to Indian Express, a source had said, “It was economically unviable to call for artists from Mumbai for small roles like that of a barber, shopkeeper, farmer, cobbler and other background artists. Aamir Khan has personally told the team to ensure that locals are hired after screen test and given employment.”
Directed by Neeraj Pandey and produced by Disney UTV, ‘Dangal’ is slated to release on December 23, 2016.