Yo Yo Honey Singh is more famous now then he has ever been. From SRK to Salman to Amitabh, every megastar of Bollywood seems to want to work with him. But there is a dark side – many have said that his lyrics are anti-intellectual and meaningless; a shame to our society.
To examine this more closely, let us use the most serious and informative of tools – graphs – on 5 of YYHS’ greatest hits, using their lyrics only.
First, the most common words in some of his biggest hits:
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Next, the topics that make him rhyme:
Being earwormed by YYHS is hard. Here’s why:
If you listen to YYHS long enough while paying attention, your brain cells start to die.
Every YYHS song has the word ‘yo’ liberally sprinkled throughout. But what purpose does it serve?