A.R Rahman, whose collaboration with Imtiaz Ali on ‘Highway’, would now be scoring a hat-trick with the filmmaker. For Imtiaz’s next which has a working title Window Seat, the composer has given a nod of agreement to create music.
“Though last year there were some murmurs around Rahman coming on board for the film, there was no official confirmation. However, everything is sealed and dusted now. Rahman would be scoring music for Imtiaz Ali for the third time now, after ‘Rockstar’ and ‘Highway’,” confirms our source.
This also brings the trio of Rahman, Imtiaz and Ranbir together again after ‘Rockstar’. They are also joined by Irshad Kamil, who has been a long standing lyricist with Imtiaz.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“Incidentally Irshad is the only one who has always been associated with me. He has written songs for all my films ever since I started my Bollywood career with ‘Socha Na Tha’ (2005). He and I have been working together for a decade now,” smiles Imtiaz, “As for Rahman saab, it is great to have him compose for my next as well.”
The film, which is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and features Deepika Padukone as the leading lady, is all set to go on floors this summer. But naturally, music plays a major part in the narrative. In fact so engrossed is Rahman with the kind of narrative that Imtiaz has adopted for his films, and hence created place for his music, that he is heard appreciating the filmmaker for the experience that he has had with ‘Highway’.
While it is also obvious that the music of his Ranbir Kapoor starrer won’t be anything like the kind that one heard in ‘Rockstar’, Imtiaz promises that it would be a treat indeed for the listeners. Since the story is set in India as well as Europe, the soundtrack would have varied flavors to it with a mix of Indian and international sound.