A.R Rahman, whose collaboration with Imtiaz Ali on ‘Highway’, would now be scoring a hat-trick with the filmmaker. For Imtiaz’s next which has a working title Window Seat, the composer has given a nod of agreement to create music.
“Though last year there were some murmurs around Rahman coming on board for the film, there was no official confirmation. However, everything is sealed and dusted now. Rahman would be scoring music for Imtiaz Ali for the third time now, after ‘Rockstar’ and ‘Highway’,” confirms our source.
This also brings the trio of Rahman, Imtiaz and Ranbir together again after ‘Rockstar’. They are also joined by Irshad Kamil, who has been a long standing lyricist with Imtiaz.
“Incidentally Irshad is the only one who has always been associated with me. He has written songs for all my films ever since I started my Bollywood career with ‘Socha Na Tha’ (2005). He and I have been working together for a decade now,” smiles Imtiaz, “As for Rahman saab, it is great to have him compose for my next as well.”
The film, which is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and features Deepika Padukone as the leading lady, is all set to go on floors this summer. But naturally, music plays a major part in the narrative. In fact so engrossed is Rahman with the kind of narrative that Imtiaz has adopted for his films, and hence created place for his music, that he is heard appreciating the filmmaker for the experience that he has had with ‘Highway’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While it is also obvious that the music of his Ranbir Kapoor starrer won’t be anything like the kind that one heard in ‘Rockstar’, Imtiaz promises that it would be a treat indeed for the listeners. Since the story is set in India as well as Europe, the soundtrack would have varied flavors to it with a mix of Indian and international sound.