Ashutosh Gowariker whose Lagaan, Swades and Jodhaa Akbar created cinematic history has floundered badly with his last 2 films What’s Your Raashee and Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se. One major reason being attributed to the debacle of these two films was the music.
Though Sohail Sen put up a brave act, Rahman’s presence was sorely missed in Ashutosh’s last two films.
Realizing the melodic lacuna, the director has now gone back to A R Rahman who did sterling soundtracks for Ashutosh’s Lagaan, Swades and Jodhaa Akbar.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rahman would be doing the music for Gowariker’s Mohenjo-Daro.
Say a very reliable source, “Ashu met Rahman Sir recently. They both missed one another when they didn’t work together. In fact Ashu very desperately wanted Rahman for What’s Your Raashee after Jodhaa Akbar. But Rahman was busy with his international projects. And Raashee required a dozen songs. After waiting for months for Rahman Sir to give his nod, Ashu went and signed Sohail Sen for it and for the film after that.”
It was felt by Ashutosh’s entire team that no one except Rahman could do justice to the period favour in Mohenjo-Daro.