Ashutosh Gowariker whose Lagaan, Swades and Jodhaa Akbar created cinematic history has floundered badly with his last 2 films What’s Your Raashee and Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se. One major reason being attributed to the debacle of these two films was the music.
Though Sohail Sen put up a brave act, Rahman’s presence was sorely missed in Ashutosh’s last two films.
Realizing the melodic lacuna, the director has now gone back to A R Rahman who did sterling soundtracks for Ashutosh’s Lagaan, Swades and Jodhaa Akbar.
Rahman would be doing the music for Gowariker’s Mohenjo-Daro.
Say a very reliable source, “Ashu met Rahman Sir recently. They both missed one another when they didn’t work together. In fact Ashu very desperately wanted Rahman for What’s Your Raashee after Jodhaa Akbar. But Rahman was busy with his international projects. And Raashee required a dozen songs. After waiting for months for Rahman Sir to give his nod, Ashu went and signed Sohail Sen for it and for the film after that.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
It was felt by Ashutosh’s entire team that no one except Rahman could do justice to the period favour in Mohenjo-Daro.