Oscar winning composer A.R. Rahman is all set to turn film producer later this year. He says he always took keen interest in filmmaking process, but has no plans to take up direction a la Vishal Bhardwaj.
“Our first production is almost ready to roll. It’s in Hindi. I’d be there to oversee it. We’ve out together a wonderful team to take care of the film production,” said Rahman.
“I know it sounds like a big responsibility, and it is! I think Vishal Bhardwaj made that successful transition from music to filmmaking before me. But let me tell you, I’ve no plans of directing films like Vishal. That would require my full attention, which I am in no position to give right now.”
He sees film production as a natural progression in his life.
“Music is most of the time a part of the visual medium. I’ve been taking a keen interest in the music videos for my songs. Other than that I’ve always been a curious student of cinema.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Whether it was Mani Ratnam or Danny Boyle whom I worked with in my musical capacity, I was always asking them questions about filmmaking. It was just a matter of time before got seriously involved in the process of making films,” said Rahman.