Oscar winning composer A.R. Rahman is all set to turn film producer later this year. He says he always took keen interest in filmmaking process, but has no plans to take up direction a la Vishal Bhardwaj.
“Our first production is almost ready to roll. It’s in Hindi. I’d be there to oversee it. We’ve out together a wonderful team to take care of the film production,” said Rahman.
“I know it sounds like a big responsibility, and it is! I think Vishal Bhardwaj made that successful transition from music to filmmaking before me. But let me tell you, I’ve no plans of directing films like Vishal. That would require my full attention, which I am in no position to give right now.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He sees film production as a natural progression in his life.
“Music is most of the time a part of the visual medium. I’ve been taking a keen interest in the music videos for my songs. Other than that I’ve always been a curious student of cinema.”
“Whether it was Mani Ratnam or Danny Boyle whom I worked with in my musical capacity, I was always asking them questions about filmmaking. It was just a matter of time before got seriously involved in the process of making films,” said Rahman.