Actors Boman Irani and Arshad Warsi are overjoyed and elated as their film ‘Jolly LLB’ has won two major awards including Best Film (Hindi) and Best Supporting Actor at the 61st National Film Awards on Wednesday (April 16).
Boman, who played the role of money minded Tejinder Rajpal in the film, tweeted his joy saying, “Overjoyed, elated and proud to learn that Jolly LLB wins National Award for best film. Good cheer @subkapoor”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Film’s lead actor Arshad Warsi is also happy with the award. He too tweeted: ‘Jolly LLB’. “JOLLY LLB has won the National award for Best Film… I am soooooooooo happy….,” tweeted Arshad Warsi.
Boman Irani also congratulated his co-star Saurabh Shukla, who played Justice Tripathi, for winning the National Award for Best Supporting actor. “…… more elation. My friend @saurabhshukla_s wins best supporting actor. My good man….Richly deserved,” tweeted Boman.
The lead actress of the film Amrita Rao also took to Twitter to congratulate her ‘Jolly LLB’ team. “Dude! Congratts Team JOLLY LLB..National Award Best Hindi Film..& Finally @saurabhshukla_s Justice for the Judge!! @subkapoor @ArshadWarsi,” Amrita tweeted.
‘Jolly LLB’ released in 2013 was a courtroom comedy drama film, written and directed by Subhash Kapoor.
The film had Arshad Warsi, Boman Irani and Amrita Rao in lead roles. It revolved around the early life of Lawyer Jagdish Tyagi aka Jolly and focused on his attempt to earn six innocent wage earners their rights and his journey against the monopolistic behavior of the rich. The storyline was inspired by the 1999 hit-and-run case of Sanjeev Nanda.