Valentine’s Day is one day when you and your beloved want to spend some quiet time together watching a romantic movie. But unlike past years, this year Bollywood has something different to offer you on this romantic day.
Last year Bollywood offered sensual romantic thriller film ‘Murder 3’ to the couples, but this time the couples will get to catch high drama-action film ‘Gunday’. If you think that ‘Gunday’ may not be the right choice for a Valentine’s Day date, think again.
1. Finding 21st century’s Jai-Veeru: Bromance is the new romance this Valentine’s Day. ‘Gunday’ is indeed banking heavily on the chemistry between its lead actors Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor, who are touted to be the new Jai-Veeru of Bollywood. The actors have in fact promoted their film in a way that brings out the brotherhood feeling and male bonding act more prominently than with their leading lady Priyanka Chopra.
For the past couple of months Ranveer and Arjun have become almost inseparable – the duo are spotted at all the high profile parties and awards together and have quite obviously have carried out huge chunks of film’s promotion sans Priyanka Chopra.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Therefore, this Valentine’s day raise a toast to the ‘Gunday’ bromance – Jashn-e-Ishqa!
2. The new cabaret queen: Although, Priyanka Chopra was left out from the first trailer, first song and even the first poster of ‘Gunday’, the actress’ cabaret number in the film says that she has a pivotal role in the film. Priyanka Chopra, who is all set to shine in ‘Gunday’ is also a good reason to watch the film. But don’t let your Valentine catch you eying Priyanka a little too much!
3. Time travel to the 70s: Get over the mushy romance this Valentine in favour of the action romance of ‘Gunday’. The Ali Abbas Zafar film, which in the director’s own words is much inspired by the 70s era (Kaala Pather specifically), will take you to Bollywood’s golden era. The action thriller sequences and the budding heartthrobs of Bollywood Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor are at their macho best (This one’s for the ladies!).
4. For the love of robust and ravishing Kolkata (Calcutta): Parts of the film have been shot in Kolkata and Durgapur in West Bengal. The Kolkata in the film though shows the dark times of coal mafia and other smuggling business, but the sheer spirit of Kolkata, then Calcutta, will make you fall in love with the place. Sample Bappi Lahiri’s ‘Tune Mari Entryaan’ to see what we mean!
5. The best of ‘Gunday’: Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh is the flavour of the season. Though Farhan Akhtar bagged all the awards for ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, including the Screen Awards (and kuddos to Farahan!), Ranveer Singh has garnered much appreciation in the last few months too. The actor has had his fans in splits with his impeccable comic timing hosting two award shows (including part of the Screen Awards) and the appearances otherwise. Ranveer Singh has also entered the league of the B-town hotties, dominated by Hrithik Roshan and John Abraham, courtesy his hot abs!