Soha Ali Khan starrer 31st October finally opens in cinema screens after a long wait. The movie which has the 1984 anti-sikh riots as its background revolves around the story of Soha and Vir Das and how their lives take a 360 degree after riots erupt post the assassination of Indira Gandhi.
The talented Soha who will be seen on the silver screen after long portrays the role of a mother of three in the film. In a deglam avatar, Soha’s role promises to be laced with powerful dialogues and real emotions. Giving her company is Vir Das who plays her Sikh husband. The movie’s USP lies in its story. Devoid of the usual Bollywood cliches, this movie professes to tell a hard-hitting tale that will shock and move viewers enough to ask questions. For many in teh current generation who are not quite aware of the riot and how it shook the nation in 1984, the movie will be an eye-opener of sorts to under how India suffered from one of it’s gravest tragedies ever after Indira Gandhi’s death.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The movie has seen enough share of controversies that led to its initial release being postponed. While it was earlier slated to release on October 7 with Mirzya, it now stands to get released alongside a cluster of other films at the box-office tomorrow. On the plus side, however is the fact that none of the other four films are promising enough to pose any threat to 31st October.
At the box-office, the movie has managed to grab an average of two to three screens per multiplex in metropolitan cities which is not too bad. It remains to be seen if the plot and performances would be powerful enough to hold viewers attention which is what will ultimately result in positive word of mouth.