Producer-director Jaideep Chopra intends to offer quality content in the genre of comedy with his upcoming film “2016 The End” just like one of the most successful directors of the industry, Rajkumar Hirani.
“I’m a big fan of Rajkumar Hirani, and the way he made his films such as ‘3 Idiots’, ‘Munna Bhai’ and ‘PK’. Somewhere down the line, I’ve attempted to keep my film in the same zone as what Hirani tries to create. I think I’ll be able to justify this fact. The audience needs entertainment and content, and if they receive that from my film then it is justified,” Chopra said.
“Indian audiences have become very intelligent nowadays. The manner in which the movies of the 70s, 80s and 90s were made, the zone has become entirely different today.
“They (audiences) like intelligent films more nowadays. Even if it is a comedy, they seek some content in that comedy. I tried to infuse this content just like how Hirani does it,” he added.
“2016 The End” talks about how the world is coming to an end in seven days. The journey of four youngsters in this peculiar situation forms the basic plot in the form of slapstick comedy.
- Bollywood hitmakers who’ve been away from direction for a bit too long now
- Fiction can’t beat facts: Rajkumar Hirani
- Exclusive: Ranbir Kapoor to shoot a special promotional video with Sanjay Dutt for his biopic, and we know all about it
- Happy birthday Rajkumar Hirani: The master of delivering social messages with fun films before it became a formula
- ‘2016 The End’ belongs to my kind of zone: Priya Banerjee
- Now,Hirani says Chetan is lying
Asked about juggling the duties of both producer and director, Chopra said: “This is a very big problem because sometimes the producer in you rises, who is involved with controlling the budget and sometimes the director comes in who wants to take creative calls.
“This is an internal fight between the producer and director but usually it is the director who wins because being a creative person, my first motive is to make a good film to present it to the audience.”
The film stars Divyendu Sharma, Harshad Chopda, Kiku Sharda and Priya Banerjee.