A bar waiter on May 19 identified actor Salman Khan in a court saying he had come along with his friends in a group to have drinks in a five-star hotel on the same night, hours before Salman Khan ran over his car over people sleeping on footpath in suburban Bandra, 12 years ago.
The waiter, Molay Baug, told Judge D W Deshpande he had served cocktails and Bacardi (White Rum) to the group who had come along with Salman to ‘Zen Bar’ in J W Marriot hotel, but could not remember whether the actor had consumed drinks.
Public prosecutor Jagannath Kenjralkar examined the witness to show the court that the actor had consumed drinks before meeting with an accident on the ill-fated day.
“The lights were dim and it was dark and hence I could not see who had consumed liquor…all that I remember is that I had served drinks to this group which had come with Salman, the waiter told defence lawyer Srikant Shivade during cross-examination.
To another question, the witness said it would be difficult for him to say whether everyone in the group had consumed alcoholic drinks.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Another witness, Laxman More, a police constable, said he was in the team which was on duty to give protection to Salman’s brother Sohail Khan. On the day of the mishap, he was posted at Salman’s residential building along with others.
Sohail and Salman had gone to ‘Rain Bar’ that night. While Sohail returned after midnight, Salman had still not come. At 3 AM, a man came running to us and informed that Salman had met with an accident nearby.
“I rushed to the spot with this man in his car but did not find Salman at the accident spot. We waited there for two to three minutes,” the witness said.
However, during this period, the crane had not arrived to lift the car from the steps of the shop which had been hit in the impact. Also, I do not know the person who told us about the accident, the witness said in cross-examination.
One person was killed and four others were injured when Salman had rammed his car into a bakery shop on September 28, 2002.
Salman, attired in a grey shirt and blue denims, was in the dock. His sisters Alvira and Arpita were also present.
Altogether six witnesses have so far deposed in the re-trial, which would continue tomorrow.