The film that released on Friday (April 18) managed to do a business of Rs 12.42 crore, which happens to be the third highest opener of 2014 after Salman Khan’s ‘Jai Ho’ and ‘Gunday’.
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the film’s business.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) April 19, 2014
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor’s rom-com ’2 States’ is based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel of the same name.
The film was highly promoted all over India and in Dubai. The crackling chemistry between its lead actors and rumoured lovers has also worked in the favour of the film.
The film is the love story of Tamilian Brahmin Ananya (Alia Bhatt) and Punjabi Krish (Arjun Kapoor) against all odds and cultural differences. ‘2 States’ is directed by debutant Abhishek Verman.