The film had got off to a great start and had earned Rs 12.42 crore on its opening day and later went on to earn Rs 38 crore in its opening weekend.
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh declared this rom-com a superhit as it hit a ton. He tweeted:
And #2States hits a ton. Crosses ₹ 100 cr mark. Week 4: Fri 70 lacs, Sat 1.06 cr, Sun 1.42 cr. Grand total: ₹ 102.13 cr nett. SUPER HIT.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) May 12, 2014
‘2 States’ had received positive reviews from critics, Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta said Alia Bhatt was a surprise and in fact better than Arjun Kapoor.
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor’s ‘2 States’ is based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel of the same name. The crackling chemistry between its lead actors and rumoured lovers has also worked in the favour of the film.
The film is the love story of Tamilian Brahmin Ananya (Alia Bhatt) and Punjabi Krish (Arjun Kapoor) against all odds and cultural differences. ’2 States’ is directed by debutant Abhishek Verman.