The film had got off to a great start and had earned Rs 12.42 crore on its opening day and later went on to earn Rs 38 crore in its opening weekend.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh declared this rom-com a superhit as it hit a ton. He tweeted:
And #2States hits a ton. Crosses ₹ 100 cr mark. Week 4: Fri 70 lacs, Sat 1.06 cr, Sun 1.42 cr. Grand total: ₹ 102.13 cr nett. SUPER HIT.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) May 12, 2014
‘2 States’ had received positive reviews from critics, Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta said Alia Bhatt was a surprise and in fact better than Arjun Kapoor.
Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor’s ‘2 States’ is based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel of the same name. The crackling chemistry between its lead actors and rumoured lovers has also worked in the favour of the film.
The film is the love story of Tamilian Brahmin Ananya (Alia Bhatt) and Punjabi Krish (Arjun Kapoor) against all odds and cultural differences. ’2 States’ is directed by debutant Abhishek Verman.