Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt’s ‘2 States‘ is still going strong in the second week despite three new releases last Friday. The movie, based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel of the same name, has earned a whopping Rs 76 crore at the box office.
Movie goers and critics alike have praised Alia Bhatt’s performance in the movie. Alia plays the role of Tamil Brahmin Ananya in the movie who falls in love with a Punjabi boy played by Arjun Kapoor.
Tweeting the latest figures of the movie, trade analyst Taran Adarsh wrote: “#2States [Week 2] Fri 3.51 cr, Sat 5.55 cr, Sun 6.47. Grand total: ₹ 76.30 cr nett. India biz. SUPER HIT!”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
‘2 States’ was also the third biggest opener of 2014 after Salman Khan’s ‘Jai Ho’ and Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor’s ‘Gunday’.
’2 States’ had received positive reviews from critics, Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta said Alia Bhatt was a surprise and in fact better than Arjun Kapoor.
On the other hand, this week’s release ‘Revolver Rani’ also failed to impress, but it has fared well compared to the other two releases of the week – Samrat & Co.’ and Subhash Ghai’s ‘Kaanchi’. Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta in her review of Revolver Rani said this Chambal Ki Rani is not for Kangana Ranaut. She was better in Queen.
Revolver Rani has earned a mere Rs 4 crore in the first two days of its release whereas Kaanchi and Samrat & Co. collected Rs 2 crore and Rs 55 lakhs respectively.