Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt’s ‘2 States‘ is still going strong in the second week despite three new releases last Friday. The movie, based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel of the same name, has earned a whopping Rs 76 crore at the box office.
Movie goers and critics alike have praised Alia Bhatt’s performance in the movie. Alia plays the role of Tamil Brahmin Ananya in the movie who falls in love with a Punjabi boy played by Arjun Kapoor.
Tweeting the latest figures of the movie, trade analyst Taran Adarsh wrote: “#2States [Week 2] Fri 3.51 cr, Sat 5.55 cr, Sun 6.47. Grand total: ₹ 76.30 cr nett. India biz. SUPER HIT!”
’2 States’ had received positive reviews from critics, Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta said Alia Bhatt was a surprise and in fact better than Arjun Kapoor.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
On the other hand, this week’s release ‘Revolver Rani’ also failed to impress, but it has fared well compared to the other two releases of the week – Samrat & Co.’ and Subhash Ghai’s ‘Kaanchi’. Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta in her review of Revolver Rani said this Chambal Ki Rani is not for Kangana Ranaut. She was better in Queen.
Revolver Rani has earned a mere Rs 4 crore in the first two days of its release whereas Kaanchi and Samrat & Co. collected Rs 2 crore and Rs 55 lakhs respectively.