“1982-A Love Marriage” lead actor Amitkumar Sharma arrived at the screening of the film on Wednesday dressed up as a bridegroom.
“Obviously, just two days before the release date, I will have butterflies in my stomach because it is my debut film. But I am extremely confident and excited about the film that we have made,” he told the media.
“We have made the film with a lot of heart, and we hope that this film touches the hearts of the audience. We are offering a new genre – family comedy – something which hasn’t been seen in Hindi films since the family films are too serious and melodramatic, and the comic films are either vulgar or slapstick, and our film is the perfect blend between the two genres,” he added.
- Vicky Kaushal: Love Per Square Foot is a situational comedy
- The Big Sick and its affair with the romantic comedy genre: What makes the film tick
- The best Malayalam films of 2017: Take Off, Angamaly Diaries and Ramaleela find place in the list
- Anil Kapoor impressed by Koi Ayye song from 1982-A Love Marriage
- ‘1982 – A Love Marriage’ release put on hold
- Trailer of ‘1982-A Love Marriage’ unveiled
The film, which releases on Friday, deals with the conflict between love marriage and arranged marriage in an entertaining manner. Directed by Prashant M. Gorey and produced by Shivkumar Sharma, it also stars Omna Harjani.