Bollywood actor-producer and soccer enthusiast John Abraham, who will play footballer Sibdas Bhaduri in ‘1911’, says the biopic is very close to his heart as it is based on his favourite game.
Bhaduri captained Mohun Bagan in the historic 1911 IFA Shield Final, where they defeated the East Yorkshire Regiment with a score of 2-1 to become the first Asian team to win the competition.
‘1911’ will be directed by John’s frequent collaborator, Shoojit Sircar.
“Footbal is in my DNA not by design but by passion. I am very happy to make a film on football based on such a legendary footballer. It is a very special film. It is a true story about victory, resilience and freedom,” John told PTI.
This is the second time the 41-year-old actor will be seen playing a footballer on-screen. He has previously played a soccer player in 2007 film ‘Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal’, which did not do well at the box office.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
John is also producing ‘1911’ and he says the film will be notches higher than his two previous productions – ‘Vicky Donor’ and ‘Madras Cafe’.
“I have said it before for my last two films and I am saying it again- ‘1911’ is something that the audience has never seen before. It is going to be a first Indian International film as it has a very special script. I can guarantee that this film is notches higher than my previous films,” said the actor, who is part of Sony Six’s FIFA World Cup marketing campaign –’Live the Magic’.
When asked how he is preparing for the role, John said, “Shoojit is taking care of everything. I am not preparing as such. Shoojit has asked me to stay lean, stay fit and look like a footballer.”
The actor is currently shooting ‘Rocky Handsome’ in Hyderabad. The film has been produced by John’s production house JA Entertainment in collaboration with Sunir Kheterpal’s Azure Entertainment. It is the remake of popular Korean film’s ‘The Man from Nowhere’.