Bollywood actor-producer and soccer enthusiast John Abraham, who will play footballer Sibdas Bhaduri in ‘1911’, says the biopic is very close to his heart as it is based on his favourite game.
Bhaduri captained Mohun Bagan in the historic 1911 IFA Shield Final, where they defeated the East Yorkshire Regiment with a score of 2-1 to become the first Asian team to win the competition.
‘1911’ will be directed by John’s frequent collaborator, Shoojit Sircar.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
“Footbal is in my DNA not by design but by passion. I am very happy to make a film on football based on such a legendary footballer. It is a very special film. It is a true story about victory, resilience and freedom,” John told PTI.
This is the second time the 41-year-old actor will be seen playing a footballer on-screen. He has previously played a soccer player in 2007 film ‘Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal’, which did not do well at the box office.
John is also producing ‘1911’ and he says the film will be notches higher than his two previous productions – ‘Vicky Donor’ and ‘Madras Cafe’.
“I have said it before for my last two films and I am saying it again- ‘1911’ is something that the audience has never seen before. It is going to be a first Indian International film as it has a very special script. I can guarantee that this film is notches higher than my previous films,” said the actor, who is part of Sony Six’s FIFA World Cup marketing campaign –’Live the Magic’.
When asked how he is preparing for the role, John said, “Shoojit is taking care of everything. I am not preparing as such. Shoojit has asked me to stay lean, stay fit and look like a footballer.”
The actor is currently shooting ‘Rocky Handsome’ in Hyderabad. The film has been produced by John’s production house JA Entertainment in collaboration with Sunir Kheterpal’s Azure Entertainment. It is the remake of popular Korean film’s ‘The Man from Nowhere’.