Southern superstar Rajinikanth has a huge following not just in India, but around the world. The actor, who is considered to be a demigod, has won hearts with his talent to entertain and tell stories.
Here are a few of the lesser-known facts about this huge star that only a diehard fan would know.
1. Rajinikanth has starred in a Bengali film called ‘Bhagya Debata’.
2. He is the highest paid actor in Asia after Jackie Chan.
3. Rajinikanth is the only Indian actor to be featured in the CBSE syllabus.
4. Though he’s worshipped by many but when it comes to his favourite actor it is none other than the talented Kamal Haasan.
5. His every film is contractually obligated to credit him as ‘Superstar Rajinikant’.
6. Before taking up acting, Rajinikanth primarily worked as a bus conductor for the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation in Bangalore.
7. Before starting his career in the film industry, he used to practice stunts at the Rama Hanuman Temple at a hill near his house.
8. Rajinikanth lost his mother at the age of five.
9. Rajinikanth is said to be probably the only superstar who shared the loss when one of his movies bombed at the box-office.
10. Rajinikanth is yet to win a National Award, though he has won many accolades including a Padma Bhushan.
Anything else? Mind It!
Best of Express