THE MUMBAI traffic police held the son of veteran actor Alok Nath Monday night, after chasing his speeding vehicle down during an effort against drink-and-drive incidents.
The actor’s son reportedly visited a birthday party in South Mumbai and was driving back to his Andheri home when police asked him to stop, after which he fled and was chased down. Police have identified the violator as Shivang Nath. He was with three others in the vehicle.
According to the police, Shivang’s vehicle was signaled to stop near Khar police station. “Shivang slowed down and lowered his window but before he could say his name he fled. There was a male sitting in the front and two women sitting behind,” said the officer.
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
Soon after Shivang fled, beat marshals chased down the vehicle near the Santacruz police station. “The accused has been booked for drunk driving, not possessing a licence and disobeying police orders, and we have collected a deposit of Rs 2,500,” said a Mumbai Police spokesperson.
Shivang appeared before a magistrate on Tuesday afternoon in Bandra court and was let off with a warning. He was returned his vehicle by the evening, police said.