Hitting out at the Mamata Banerjee government, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday, said she forgot all her promises after assuming power in West Bengal where there was “no law and order and atrocities against women are maximum in the country”.
“Five years ago we believed her but she forgot all her promises after assuming power in the state and did not give the people their due,” she said referring to Congress’ alliance with TMC in the 2011 Assembly election.
“Despite the chief minister being a woman, atrocities against women in the state are highest in the country and there is no law and order in the state. But Mamata government is not concerned about it”, Gandhi told an election meeting here.
- ‘Arrogant’ Modi govt left no stone unturned to destroy Congress, but we’ll never cower down: Sonia Gandhi
- View From The Right: Mamata’s worries
- TMC to back Abhishek Singhvi in RS polls: Mamata Banerjee
- Super emergency imposed on India under Modi govt, will unite anti-BJP forces for 2019 polls: Mamata Banerjee
- Mamata Banerjee calls Bengal Congress leaders pygmies
- No decision yet on Sonia Gandhi continuing as UPA chairperson, says Veerappa Moily
Describing TMC and BJP as “two sides of the same coin”, the Congress president said, “Both (Narendra) Modi and Mamata bluffed the people”.
Claiming that there was understanding between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Mamata Banerjee, she said whenever Modi government faced problems in Parliament, TMC came to its support.
On the chit fund scam, she said such companies had looted the people and alleged that both Modi and Mamata did not take
action against them.
Referring to TMC’s slogan of ‘Ma-Mati-Manush’, Gandhi said mati (earth) had dried up and manush (people) were rendered jobless in the state.