Yale University has announced applications for the 2017 session of Yale Young Global Scholars Program (YYGS), a two week session for high school students from across the globe.
YGS is a residential program hosted in one of Yale’s twelve residential colleges in the US. Students admitted into the highly-selective program get a taste of the varsity’s experience through the use of Yale libraries, classrooms, dining halls and dorms.
“Building off the success of last year’s expansion, we are excited to offer two new sessions -Frontiers of Math and Science session (FMS) and Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship (SDSE). Both of these sessions address topics that students have expressed widespread interest in exploring further,” Erin Schutte Wadzinski, Director of YYGS, said in a statement.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
In all six sessions, students will attend lectures by Yale faculty, as well as smaller, seminars taught by Yale undergraduate and graduate students.
Over the course of the two-week program, students will also work in Capstone project groups to identify problems in a specific topic, conduct rigorous background research, and propose impactful solutions to their peers and instructors.