West Bengal WBPSC Civil Services Exe 2017: The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has started a recruitment drive for the selection of eligible candidates for various posts in Group A, B, C and D services. For the recruitment, the qualifying examination will be the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe) Examination 2017, to be held in select districts of the state on January 29.
The exam will be conducted in two parts: the written exam and the interview/personality test. The written exam will have a preliminary round and a mains round. Candidates will have to clear the prelims round to progress to the mains round, which they will have to pass to get to the interview round.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Vacancies for posts in Group A:
(i) West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)
(ii) West Bengal Commercial Tax Service
(iii) West Bengal Agricultural Income tax Service
(iv) West Bengal Excise Service
(v) West Bengal Co-operative Service
(vi) West Bengal Labour Service
(vii) West Bengal Food and Supplies Service
(viii) West Bengal Employment Service
(ix) West Bengal Registration and Stamp Revenue Service
Vacancies for posts in Group B:
(i) West Bengal Police Service
Vacancies for posts in Group C:
(i) Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home
(ii) Joint Block Development Officer
(iii) Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices
(iv) West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service
(v) West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I
(vi) Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
(vii) Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)
(viii) Chief Controller of Correctional Services
Vacancies for posts in Group D
(i) Inspector of Co-operative Societies
(ii) Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department
(iii) Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department
Educational qualification: Candidates should be able to read and write as well as be verbally fluent in Bengali.
For Group A, C and D, candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 32 years.
For Group B, candidate should not be less than 20 years and not more than 32 years.
The age cut off will be based on January 1, 2016.
Dates to note:
Start of online application process: November 4, 2016 (from 11:30 am)
Last date to submit online application: November 28, 2016 (till 12 am midnight)
Last date to submit fee online: November 28, 2016 (till 12 am midnight)
Last date to submit fee offline: November 29, 2016 (however, bank challan must have been generated by November 28)
How to apply:
Candidates need to log on to the official website of the Commission, http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. The information bulletin is available under the “ADVERTISEMENT NO. – 21/2016” link displayed on the official website on the main page of the website. In order to apply, they will need to register themselves first for which a one-time password will be generated.
All candidates shouls log on to the official website of the Commission at the above given address to check the eligibility criteria, application fee and other application details including quota, age relaxation and pay scale etc, before applying.
For more recruitment news, click here