With an aim to impart quality education to the students, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University is establishing its third campus near Bhopal. “VIT University is now spreading its wings and establishing the third campus at (near) Bhopal. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for it was signed during the Global Investors Summit,” VIT Founder Chancellor and Ex-MP, G Viswanathan told reporters in Bhopal today.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The foundation stone for the new campus, at Kothri Kalan on Bhopal-Indore Highway in Sehore district, will be laid by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Minister for Higher Education Jaibhan Singh Pawaiya on October 20. “We will set up the new University with an investment of Rs 500 crore, in phases, in an area of 100 plus acre,” he said.
“In future, we will also think over setting up medical college as there is a huge shortage of doctors in the state,” said Viswanathan, a former Tamil Nadu Minister.
Viswanathan said, “The degree programmes offered at VIT University were accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2003 and the same was re-accredited in 2015.”
“Besides, The Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET), USA has granted international accreditation to 14 B.Tech programmes of the varsity,” he said, Viswanathan claimed VIT is the first university in the country to receive the “prestigious” ABET accreditation.
The varsity currently has 991 students from Madhya Pradesh and had received around 15,000 applications from MP in 2016 for admission in various courses it offers at its Chennai and Vellore campus, University Vice President Sankar Viswanathan said.
For more news on education, click here