Noting that universities today face the challenge of producing cadres of skilled youth who can take up research and leadership roles, Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul Friday asked them to re-orient themselves in accordance with the changing times and develop an academic base which gives confidence to students. “In this era of globalisation, universities face the challenge of creating a global cadre of youth with education that helps them to take up research and leadership roles.
What Else Is Making News?
“They need to orient themselves accordingly to achieve this end. So that students feel confident enough and have the skills required for start-ups and entrepreneurship,” Paul said speaking as the chief guest at the 13th convocation of Kumaun University.
Underlining the need for the universities to move with the changing times and think in terms of special courses on various skills, he said, “In a fast changing global economic scenario, our youth have to be prepared with specific skills to face the challenge of competition and feel at home anywhere in the world.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Educational institutions must draw up curriculum designs that are not only more relevant and job-oriented, but also futuristic,” he said.
The Governor also praised the University for its outreach into the interiors of the Kumaun region as well as starting to work towards creating possibilities of cooperation and collaboration through joint research and technological development programs with international institutions.
“The Kumaun University has adhered to its academic calendar which is an achievement. It has got an ‘A’ certificate from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and should ensure, through sustained efforts, that it moves towards greater achievements,” Paul said.
Asking the university to focus more on patents, he said its Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Centre must accelerate its research activities.
He said that in addition to the established disciplines, our Universities should now focus on the emerging areas such as environmental studies, information and communication technology, bio-informatics and entrepreneurship development.
The Governor also advised the students to spend as much time as possible in the university laboratory.
For more news on education, click here