The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF), in partnership with the American Council, is organising a U.S. University fair on Sunday at the Lalit Hotel in the National Capital, in which representatives from 33 different U.S. varsities are participating to provide information about their institutions and programmes.
What else is making news?
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
They would also offer a range of academic programmes at undergraduate and graduate levels.
“The main purpose of the USIEF’s U.S. University fairs is to give dedicated students an opportunity to meet and interact with representatives of some of the most prominent and selective American universities,” United States-India Educational Foundation Executive Director Adam Grotsky said.
The timing of the fair is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., he added. Admission to the fair is free. At the fair, the students and their parents can get information directly from these universities about the various programmes and admissions criteria.
The discussion sessions at the fair will help students make informed choices about the higher education and the student visa application process.
United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF) was established in 1950 under a bilateral agreement. USIEF also promotes mutual understanding between Indians and Americans through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals, and students under the umbrella of Fulbright, Fulbright-Nehru and other prestigious grants and scholarships.
Recently, the European Union Member States had conducted a two-day European Higher Education Fair in New Delhi by the European Union Delegation to India with nearly 100 globally renowned European higher education institutions.
The fair was inaugurated on Friday by Minister of State for Foreign Affairs M J Akbar and was attended by Member Secretary AICTE Dr. A P Mittal and European Union Ambassador to India Tomasz Kozlowski along with other leaders.
The fair aimed reach out to Indian students looking to study abroad and showcase what Europe has to offer in terms of high quality and diversity of English-taught post-graduate and Ph.D. courses.
For more news on education in Delhi, click here