UPSC Civil Services merit list has 14 from Jammu & Kashmir, highest

Written by Mir Ehsan | Srinagar | Updated: June 1, 2017 11:21 am
upsc, upsc result 2017, upsc.gov.in, upsc civil services 2017, nandini k r, civils result 2017, civil services, jobs, upsc, upsc results 2017, nandini kr, govt jobs, sarkari naukri, job alert, indian express, upsc civils exam 2017, upsc 2017 result UPSC office in New Delhi

FOR THE first time, 14 candidates from Jammu and Kashmir have passed the civil services examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Among these, Bilal Mohidin, 31, who hails from Haripora Unisoo village in North Kashmir’s Langate area, has bagged the 10th position. Mohidin, an Indian Forest Service officer, is currently posted in Lucknow. In 2012, he ranked 15th in the Kashmir Administrative Services (KAS) exam. Two years later, he got into the Indian Forest Service.

“I was hopeful, but couldn’t believe it when I was told that I had come 10th,” Mohidin told The Indian Express from Lucknow. “I came to know when members on the J&K civil services WhatsApp group started congratulating me,” he said. Read | UPSC topper KR Nandini failed to clear IAS prelims in 2013, did not give up, click here

Mohidin said this was his fourth attempt. “There is one notified seat for J&K cadre and I hope that I get that seat as I want to serve my people,” he said. “My father, who retired as a KAS officer, was my inspiration,” he said. While his sister is a teacher, one brother works as a doctor in Boston, and another is a joint director in the state science and technology department.

“Besides my parents, the credit also goes to my wife, who is an officer in the Karnataka Administrative Service (KAS),” he said.

Among the other 13 from the state is Fakhurudin, 30, a dentist from Bemina locality in Srinagar. “I worked hard for three years, without any coaching,” he said, adding that more youths were inclined to attempt the UPSC exam due to rising unemployment.

Bisma Qazi, an engineer from Rambagh Srinagar, is also in the list. Last year, 12 candidates from the state passed the exam.

For more education news, click here

For all the latest Education News, download Indian Express App

deepu
    Jun 1, 2017 at 4:50 pm
    Congrats......
    MKP
    Jun 1, 2017 at 3:14 pm
    Muslims have taken up services in govt. in past 25 years. Still our politicians insist on giving them reservation. The west Bengal and Telangana have already given 10 reservation. They cons ute about 20 crore equal to population of stan i.e. India contains almost one Nation state as per their population. stan supports militancy in Kashmir for almost 25 years now. It is official. The population growth rate is highest among Muslims. They oppose any social change citing Muslim Personnel Law and sharia. So they are very clever as they want to eat their cake and have it too. Poverty among them is abysmal i.e. large. In south India most are NRI returnees from Gulf countries.
  3. O
    Observer
    Jun 1, 2017 at 2:40 pm
    Welcome wonderful news/development. Pl.keep it up.
    ak dev
    Jun 1, 2017 at 1:52 pm
    Congratulations to the patriots of Kashmir. The misguided youth of Kashmir should learn from them.
  5. V
    Vighnesh Kumar
    Jun 1, 2017 at 12:34 pm
    This is Fake News A Jihadi Muzzie can never be a nationalist. These 14 muslim jihadis are future terrorists. Only Khangressi Dogs will support them. Kill these Jihadis. They will have no respect for Hindu culture, These Doggies grew up on eating Beef.
    Damodar Biswal
    Jun 1, 2017 at 11:01 am
    An eye opener for the militants n stone pelters.
    raghav
    Jun 1, 2017 at 9:52 am
    ..a silver lining in the dark clouds,only wish the terrorists do not threaten these wonderful guys. Keep coming such pleasant news Kashmiri folk!
    Abhishek Bharti
    Jun 1, 2017 at 9:26 am
    This is how inclusion works, not by stone pelting....