The University of Hyderabad (UoH) is all set to conduct a recruitment drive for 114 faculty positions from November 1, 2016. The varsity hopes to fill vacant positions in the professor, associate professor and assistant professor categories. UoH has received 1053 applications for these vacancies so far.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
UoH, or the Hyderabad Central University (HCU), as it is also known, had carried out advertisements for these positions on a national level for 30 professor positions, 43 associate professor positions and 41 assistant professor positions across various departments and schools of the varsity. Out of these, 64 positions are under reserved categories and the balance 50 are for general category.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Candidates with experience as post-docs in advanced institutions, both in India and abroad, responded for these vacancies.
For the assistant professor post, Plant science has been the most popular field with applicants (129 applications for two positions) followed by management studies (82 applications for two positions), physics (98 applications for three positions), chemistry (167 applications for seven positions), and computer & information Sciences (71 applications for three positions).
Interviews for these positions will commence from November 1, 2016 and the entire exercise is expected to be completed by end of December this year. “Filling up of these positions will strengthen the academic and research programmes of the university,” HCU has said in a release.
Along with these interviews, the UGC Career Advancement Scheme for the eligible internal faculty will be taken up for stages 1 to 5. There are 556 sanctioned faculty positions at the university and at present, there are close to 400 faculty members on roll.
For more education news, click here