The University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked varsities and academic institutes offering Open and Distance Learning (ODL) courses to indicate the mode of learning in degrees and certificates which they issue to the students.
In a letter, the UGC has stated that some institutions or universities offering education through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode have issued the degrees, marksheets, diplomas, certificates and so on to students without mentioning the mode of delivery of the programme.
University Grants Commission has, in its September 2 meeting, decided that all universities should reflect the mode of delivery of programme on all the documents issued to students in order to erase ambiguities between conventional mode degrees with that of ODL mode degrees, the UGC said.
In view of the above, all the institutions/universities offering programmes through ODL mode are essentially required to mention “Mode of delivery ODL/Distance” on all the documents issued to students during or after the completion of programme, the UGC added in its letter.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016