The University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked universities to start PhD programmes under Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) disciplines.
In a circular to all Central Universities UGC secretary Jaspal S Sandhu has said the Central Councils set up for research in these disciplines will sponsor 200 students for pursuing PhDs every year.
He also said the government has asked the Commission to issue an advisory in this regard. “AYUSH is aimed at developing Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) systems for healthcare of the people imbibing scientific interventions.
As per the letter, each of these five disciplines conduct clinical and basic research studies in collaboration with reputed scientific institutes:
Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy
Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy
Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine
Central Council for Research in Siddha
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
These Councils further desire to enhance research opportunities through PhD fellowship programme for the development of AYUSH, the UGC letter said.
It is intended to sponsor annually 200 candidates (125 PG of AYUSH and 75 PG of Science & technology streams) for pursuing Ph.D on AYUSH research topics, it added.
“Accordingly, it is requested that you may include AYUSH disciplines in your esteemed university and in the affiliated colleges for enrollment of candidates in the PhD programmes and avail fellowship from the concerned AYUSH Research Council,” the UGC said.