The last date to apply for the University Grants Commission’s (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) is fast approaching. Candidates can apply through the official website of the UGC NET up to November 16, 2016, after which registrations will be closed.
The NET examination is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on behalf of the UGC. The exam is scheduled to be held on January 22, 2017.
The exam is scheduled to test 84 subjects. It will be held in exam venues spread across 90 cities in the country.
How to apply:
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Candidates need to log on to the official website of the NET examinations, cbsenet.nic.in.
Read all the instructions regarding the filling of the form. Keep ready all important documents required such as your qualifying marksheets, scanned copies of your photograph and your signatures, etc.
The link for filling the online application form is available on the main page itself on a blue ribbon towards the bottom of the main page.
Fill the application form and pay the fee.
Take a print of the submitted application form as well as the confirmation receipt and save a copy for future reference
General category: Rs 600
OBC category: Rs 300
SC/ST category: Rs 100
In order to be eligible, candidates need to have scored at least 55 per cent in MA degree or equal examination from a UGC recognised college, university or education institute. For OBC / SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the relaxation is 5 per cent, which makes the requirement 50 per cent in MA degree or equal examination from a UGC recognised college, university or education institute.
Those candidates who are in their final year of MA or whose result is awaited or delayed or who are set to appear in their MA final exams can also apply. Candidates are advised to log on to the official website of the NET examination to know the full eligibility criteria in detail.
Important dates to note:
Online application begins: October 17, 2016
Last date to apply online: November 16, 2016
Last date to submit fee through bank challan: November 17, 2016
Correction in application form details on CTET website: November 22, 2016 to November 29, 2016
Admit card to be released on: December 21, 2016
Date of exam: January 22, 2017
The NET exam is held to shortlist eligible candidates for teaching posts in government universities, colleges and higher educational institutions in the country. The CBSE conducts the NET exam on behalf of the UGC, although the CBSE has asked the UGC to take care of this examinations from the next term as it is getting burdensome for the Board to conduct these examinations.
For more education news, click here