SSC CGL results 2016: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has declared the result of the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination 2016 (Tier-1) on its official website today. Candidates who had appeared in the examination can download their results by logging on to the same.
Watch What else Is Making News?
According to the notification, the SSC CGL 2016 exam was held across in 43 batches across 415 exam centres spread over 96 cities in the country. The exams began on August 27, 2016, and ended on September 11, 2016. More than 38 lakh candidates had registered for the exam this year, out of which, about 14.99 lakh candidates wrote the exam.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The second leg of the recruitment drive, that is the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam, is scheduled to be held from November 30, 2016 to December 2, 2016. The SSC is going to declare the confirmed schedule of the examination soon.
The SSC had scheduled a re-examination for the second shift exam (Batch II), conducted from 4:14 pm to 5:30 pm on August 27, 2016. the re-exam was held for only those candidates who had already written the August 27 Batch II exam, and not for those candidates who registered for the exam but did not appear for it. The re-exam had been scheduled on October 27.
In another notice on SSC’s website, the Chairman of the Commission had said that the final result of the SSC CGL 2016 recruitment drive will tentatively be released by the end of April 2017.
Steps to check the SSC CGL results 2016:
Log on to the official website of the SSC, ssc.nic.in
On the home page under the “Latest News” section will be a link declaring the result of the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam 2016.
Click on the link and you will be taken to another page where a blue-white table will open. Here, in fron of the first notification which says “Declaration of Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 examination 2016 Result”, there will be a link saying “Click Here” under the “Result” column.
A PDF document will open with the list of all the candidates who had appeared for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam and whether they have passed the examination or not.
Check your name and result in the list and save a copy of the list to your computer for future reference.
Due to the huge rush of students to see their results, the SSC website is slow to load and is some cases, has crashed completely. Candidates are advised to excercise patience to see their results. The results have been declared. You will be able to see them in a few hours as the rush settles down.
The individual marksheets of the candidates are expected to be released soon on the SSC website. The next step of the SSC CGL examination are the Tier 2 and Tier 3 rounds which will happen in due course of time. Candidates are advised to wait for the respective SSC notifications for the same.
For more education news, click here