School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL), a Gurgaon-based business school, has announced its annual Inspired Leadership Conference 2016. This year, the event will involve talks on underlining the importance of establishing ‘Dialogue across Differences’ for developing competency in leadership roles. The two-day conference is scheduled to commence on October 14, 2016.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The inaugural address will be chaired by the event’s key note speaker Arun Maira – former member of Planning Commission of India, and former Chairman of Boston Consulting Group (India).
For some time now, industry leaders have witnessed that differences across gender, age, ideologies, identity, income groups, etc. are some of the key reasons that have contributed in lack of competency within leadership roles. Thus, keeping these factors in mind, SOIL decided to design this year’s leadership conference around ‘Dialogue across Differences’, and why establishing dialogues for the same is a critical factor.
“Nowadays, almost all sectors and industries witness cut-throat competition, whether in India or around the world. Be it people or organizations, all of us are attempting to become an integral part of the elite group, i.e. the ones who lead the way. However, brutal reality is that not all of us manage to beat the odds and/or thrive under pressure,” said Founder and CEO SOIL, Anil Sachdev.
“We are confident that this forum will be extremely successful in addressing all key issues regarding competence in leadership roles, and will encourage management students to seriously consider their training as the first step towards becoming future leaders,” added Sachdev.
The keynote address speech on day one of the Inspired Leadership Conference will be followed by panel discussions where leaders representing various stakeholders and world views on ‘Differences across Gender, Age and Hierarchy’ would stimulate dialogue. These groups will adopt the ‘Open Space Methodology’ of dialogue and will present the essence of their output to a larger group.
The day will conclude with another panel of stakeholders on this issue, who will respond to their views by suggesting ways of channeling this conflict into innovation in work places and the community, and summarize the learning about the skill of dialogue across differences.
For more news on higher education, click here