With an aim to ensure that teachers are not allotted non-academic work, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has amended its rules and asked schools to employ female attendants or lady guards in school vans and buses to ensure safety of children. A circular by CBSE secretary Joseph Emmanuel informing schools affiliated to the Board about this amendment said the Right to Education Act lays down that no teacher should be engaged in non-academic activities except those related to census, disaster relief or election.
Watch what else is making news:
According to earlier guidelines, CBSE-affiliated schools could ask one of the teachers to accompany children in school vans. The Board’s missive in this regard came after the issue of teachers being engaged in non-academic activities by schools was raised in the high-profile Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) meeting on October 25, which was headed by Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar and had representatives of all states and UTs present.
CABE is the country’s highest advisory body in the field of education. Schools affiliated to CBSE should ensure that teachers are not engaged in activities other than those related directly to teaching, professional upgradation, examination etc, the circular said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“For activities of ministerial nature, transport or canteen for similar related tasks, separate trained staff may be deployed by the school,” it added. It will be the responsibility of the principal and the secretary of the society or trust of the school to ensure the norms are implemented in this regard, the CBSE said.