A seminar on the journey of Modern India : Pluralism, Secularism,Democracy was organised by Rajiv Gandhi Study Circle Chandigarh at Panjab University Tuesday.
The inaugural session of the seminar was presided over by former MP Pawan Kumar Bansal. Twelve papers were presented on different aspects of Pluralism, Secularism and Democracy in the seminar.
Purushottam Aggarwal former chairman of School of Language, JNU Delhi and former member of UPSC addressed the delegation from Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh.
Speaking on the topic Aggarwal said, “Indian Ethos and culture is based on Pluralism, multi-culturalism and respect for each other was a basic idea behind formation of India. Students of today don’t read history and common traits which have always held our society together. Congress political class is responsible for not rising to the occassion to call the bluff of those forces who are trying to tear apart our old-age traditions.”
For more news on education, click here
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More