Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), a programme for universalisation of elementary education, has provided 2.04 lakh primary and 1.59 lakh upper primary schools across the country to ensure universal access, Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said today.
Universal enrollment is the first goal of SSA and all efforts are being made to bring all children, including girls, to school, he said during Question Hour in Lok Sabha, amidst noisy protests by the Opposition over demonetisation issue.
Javadekar said SSA strategies for promotion of girls education include opening of schools in the neighbourhood to make access easier for girls, appointment of additional teachers, including women teachers, free textbooks, free uniforms, separate toilets for girls, teachers sensitisation programmes to promote girls participation, gender-sensitive teaching-learning materials, including textbooks.
In addition, the Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalays have been opened in educationally backward blocks where female rural literacy rate is below the national average to provide residential upper primary schools for girls from SC/ST/OBC/Muslim and BPL families.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The minister said under the mid-day meal scheme, central financial assistance is being provided to all states and UTs for implementation of the scheme.
Under the scheme, all states and UTs were providing mid-day meals to children, including adolescent girls studying in class-I to VIII of government, government aided, special training centres and madrasas and Maqtabs under the SSA.
For more education news, click here