Lt Governor Kiran Bedi Tuesday said the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research (RIVER) here should become a constituent college of a university so that it would get funds from Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
Addressing students and staff of RIVER, the Lt Governor said that once the institute became a constituent college of ICAR, it would get funds and this could be used for research and development works.
A release from the office of Lt Governor said she told the authorities of the institute that resources available from the government were limited and the grants released would be sufficient to meet the ends of recurring expenditure only and the institute should therefore generate its own resources by co-opting students and the faculty, she said.
The Lt Governor, who listened to the power point presentation made by the principal, said that deficiencies pointed out by students should be attended to on a priority basis.
She also later visited the Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Krishi Vigyan Kendra and acquainted herself with the activities of the centre.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She appealed to the functionaries of the Kendra to develop organic farming and work in cooperation with Swachchtha Corporation and municipalities to produce compost which could be sold to farmers.
The Kendra was sponsored as a project of the ICAR here some four decades ago.
For more education news, click here