For the second time in a row, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur has been ranked as the top institution in the country by QS Employability Ranking, with IIT Bombay also figuring in the list of top 100 universities in the world.
The IIT Kharagpur has been ranked in the range of 71-80, the highest position among Indian institutions, out of 200 universities from across the world.
IIT Bombay, ranked next to IIT Kharagpur, is the only other institution from India to have been ranked among the top 100.
Other Indian institutions among the top 200 are IIT Madras, IIT Delhi and University of Delhi, QS Employability Ranking survey said.
IIT-Kharagpur, which awards degrees to nearly 2500 students annually, maintains a successful track record of placement for students from the graduating batches enrolling for campus placement.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It has been ranked exceptionally well in the survey on parameters of graduate employability rate and employers’ presence in the campus.
The other parameters are employer reputation which is based on a survey conducted with employers opting for campus recruitment, alumni outcomes or performance of alumni and partnerships with employers, it said.
The top three universities ranked globally in the survey are Stanford University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Shinhwa University of China.
IIT Kharagpur has been ranked among the peers such as Georgetown University, Lancaster University, Pennsylvania State University, Queensland University of Technology, University of Illinois, Chicago and University of Liverpool, it added.
For more education news, click here