The Punjab Police has declared the result of the recruitment exam for the Constable post on its official website. A total of 7,173 candidates have been selected, many of whom have advanced degrees. According to the Punjab Police, many of the selected candidates have M Tech, B Tech or other post graduation degrees.
Out of those aspirants who have cleared the exam, 162 have PG degrees, six candidates have M Tech qualifications while 153 are B Tech passouts. This is excluding 1,181 candidates who have graduation certificates and 261 who are equipped with diplomas.
Steps to check the Punjab Police constable results 2016:
Log on to the official website of the Punjab Police’s recruitment department, punjabpolicerecruitment.in
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
On top of the home page, a notification will be going from right to left which says “Provisional Results for Constables in District Police Cadre and Armed Police Cadre are open”
Click on this link. You will be taken to a new page. Click on the “District Police Cadre and Armed Police Cadre results” displayed there. A drop down list will open.
Click on the category for which you want to see the result. The result will open in another page in a PDF format with the names and all details of the successful candididates. Check your name and save a copy of the PDF for future use.
A Punjab Police spokesperson said that most of the candidates – almost 85 per cent – are between 19 to 26 years old. In the Armed Police Cadre (male category), this age group makes up 80 per cent of the candidates and in the District Police Cadre (male category), this age group is 83 per cent of candidates. The age group is highest in the District Police Cadre (female category) with a percentage of 97.
The spokesperson said that this addition (of candidates) to the police force of the state would help the department’s mission to see the 2017 Assemble Elections in the state through in a free, fair and transparent manner, adding that the training for these candidates is scheduled to begin from November 15.
— with inputs from PTI
For more recruitment stories, click here