The second year PUC chemistry paper in the new syllabus has been cancelled due to leakage of question papers, the Department of Pre University Education said here tonight.
The department said in a release that the date of re-examination would be communicated in due course.
A comprehensive investigation was on to identify the source of the leakage and a complaint had been filed with police.
- Maharashtra HSC exams: Four arrested for question paper ‘leak’
- SSC ‘leak’: Why are Group B govt job hopefuls angry?
- What is SSC paper leak case
- Karnataka PU exams to begin tomorrow, CCTV cameras placed for security
- Karnataka pre-university Chemistry paper leak: 40 officers suspended, re-exam on April 12
- PU chemistry paper leaked again in Karnataka, students protest
As a preliminary step to conduct a fair and impartial enquiry, the Chief Superintendents and Joint Chief Superintendents, entrusted with supervision of conducting the exam at SASM PU College for women, Gandhinagar, Bellary and Government PU College, Malur in Kolar district, were suspended with immediate effect.
Alternate arrangements have been made in these centres to conduct the examination from tomorrow, it added.
For more news on education, click here