The Puducherry government-run engineering college will be upgraded into a technical university in the next couple of years, Higher Education Minister R Kamalakannan, today said.
Inaugurating a two-day international conference on ‘Advances in computational intelligence in communication’ at the engineering college here, Kamalakannan said, the upgradation of the 31-year-old college would take place under the central scheme of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA).
The Centre would provide the funds required for the development of infrastructure and other amenities once the college is upgraded into a university, he said.
The Minister called upon the management of the college to put in strenuous efforts to ensure that the institution notched the top rank from the present 49th rank it occupied at the all India level.
The college principal P Dananjayan also spoke on the occasion.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For more news on education, click here