The Puducherry government-run engineering college will be upgraded into a technical university in the next couple of years, Higher Education Minister R Kamalakannan, today said.
Inaugurating a two-day international conference on ‘Advances in computational intelligence in communication’ at the engineering college here, Kamalakannan said, the upgradation of the 31-year-old college would take place under the central scheme of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA).
The Centre would provide the funds required for the development of infrastructure and other amenities once the college is upgraded into a university, he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The Minister called upon the management of the college to put in strenuous efforts to ensure that the institution notched the top rank from the present 49th rank it occupied at the all India level.
The college principal P Dananjayan also spoke on the occasion.
For more news on education, click here