Osmania University: Events not linked to academics won’t be allowed on campus

"Osmania University has been established for the purpose of imparting higher education and conducting research in various disciplines. The primary objective of the University is purely academic and research oriented," the OU said in a release.

By: PTI | Hyderabad | Published:June 9, 2017 11:22 am
Osmania University, osmania.ac.in, osmania university results, Osmania University admission 2017, OU, OU admission 2017, education news, indian express, Osmania University celebrated 100 years of its foundation in April 2017.

City-based Osmania University (OU) on Thursday made it clear that activities, which are not linked to academics and research, such as political and public meetings, would not be allowed to hold on its campus.

“Osmania University has been established for the purpose of imparting higher education and conducting research in various disciplines. The primary objective of the University is purely academic and research oriented,” the OU said in a release.

Read | OUCET 2017: Hall tickets available for download at osmania.ac.in, check here

“It is, therefore, informed to all, including the teachers, students and staff of the University that activities which are unrelated to academics and research, such as political and public meetings will not be permitted on the campus,” it added.

The University, which in April 2017 celebrated 100 years of its foundation, sought the cooperation of research scholars, students, teaching and non-teaching staff in maintaining the academic environment and peace on the campus in the larger interest of the student community.

For all the latest Education News, download Indian Express App

S.Faryadbee
    Jul 7, 2017 at 4:00 pm
    I got 45 rank in oupgcet m.a urdu can I get campus seat
  2. B
    beemarthi kavitha
    Jul 7, 2017 at 8:22 am
    Its became easy from Indian express
    Sailaja Bavisetti
    Jul 5, 2017 at 10:27 am
    I got 66 rank in OUPGCET M , can I get campus seat?or can i get seat in Nizam college?
    Sana
    Jul 3, 2017 at 6:29 pm
    Hi sir I got 147 rank in oucet mcom can i get campus seat plx reply ............
    Mohan
    Jun 11, 2017 at 3:53 pm
    This university has taken the right decision By the way -- why was JNU established ?
    Raman Kolluri
    Jun 11, 2017 at 7:22 am
    I am an Alumni of Osmania University nearly fifty five years ago. Those were the days when great scientists and academicians were at the helm of different departments and research used to flourish in all departments. I myself got my Doctorate from that great University. On my many visits later to the University, I have sadly witnessed the University reducing to be the hot bed of politics. It was a shame that hardly any research work being done. If it can revive that old glory, It will be one of the best Universities of the world. My very best wishes to my Alma mater.
    mytake
    Jun 11, 2017 at 4:31 am
    That should be done for each and every University.
    shiravanthe sridhar
    Jun 10, 2017 at 7:39 pm
    This should be the norm for all the universities if they want ideological celebrations the sickular media is there to absorb them ,let them not waste taxpayer's money to exhibit leftist sickular intolerance.