Government think tank Niti Aayog has organised the first regional workshop on School Education Quality Index (SEQI) to improve the learning outcomes among school children, the Aayog said today. The workshops on SEQI, organised in collaboration with the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), saw striking evidence on factors that determine the quality of school education being presented by participants from the northern region. The objective was to sensitise and support states/ UTs in improving learning outcomes among school children across India, Niti Aayog said.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
The SEQI is a composite index that will report annual improvements of states on key domains of education quality, conceptualised and designed by Niti Aayog and the HRD Ministry.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Its larger vision is to shift the focus of states from inputs towards outcomes, provide objective benchmarks for continuous annual improvements, encourage state-led innovations to improve quality and facilitate sharing of best practices, Niti Aayog said.
In order to precisely report the quality of education imparted across India, SEQI is divided into two categories — Outcomes, and Governance & Management. These are further divided into three domains of Outcomes (Learning, Access and Equity) and two domains of Governance & Management (Governance Processes and Structural Reforms).
Currently, the index has 34 indicators and 1,000 points, with the highest weightage given to learning outcomes (600 out of 1,000 points), it added.
Senior education functionaries from Delhi, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir and Chandigarh took part in the deliberations.
The workshop was also attended by representatives from NUEPA, NCERT, NCTE and other autonomous institutions. Over the coming weeks, Niti Aayog will hold these workshops for all States in different centers across India, the Aayog said.
For more education news, click here