Linking the common man with the Digital India and Skill India programme, the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has started common service centres in all 38 districts of Bihar where students can fill forms for standard 12th and 10th examination.
“NIOS has started services at 7,472 common service centres in all 38 districts of Bihar where students can fill forms online for 12th and 10th examinations,” Sanjay Kumar Sinha, Regional Director NIOS said in a statement here today.
In these centres, also known as ‘Vasudha kendras’, students can utilise all facilities of NIOS on payment of a token money, he said.
They can also do registration and pay exam fees at these centres, he said. “Students in far off areas can pursue education along with earning livelihood through small time jobs in villages with the help of NIOS,” the Regional Director said.
The service centres are located near respective villages and panchyats, he said. Sinha said these service centres have been established with an intent to protect the students from middlemen and the centres will provide facilities for getting a copy of exam results and admit cards.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
NIOS, earlier known as the National Open School, (name changed in 2002) is the board of education under the Union Government of India.
It was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) in 1989 to provide education in remote areas under the motive to increase literacy and aimed at flexible learning.